December 30, 2014

Favorite Posts of 2014


In January I visited one of my best friends in Washington DC and really loved photographing the places I visited while I was there! I especially liked visiting the DAR museum with its empty atmospheric period rooms!


In February I flashed back to my time at the CSU Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising and my fond memories of one particular 1920's dress.


In March I hiked around Colorado Spring's Garden of the Gods park with my brother and it was a magical afternoon. It was a breathtakingly beautiful day of red rock and sparkling white frost.


In April I finally shared my own growing hair comb collection with you all!


In May my first ever nail tutorial appeared on the blog! It was also featured on a random DIY website and I was so proud!


In June I went to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens and really enjoyed seeing the beautiful glass artworks mixed in with all of the glorious nature!


In July I traveled to California! Here I am in a new dress at Balboa Park in San Diego.


OAnd of course we traveled to Disneyland for my birthday which was probably the best day of my year! 


Then to finish out my birthday month I got to go to the Denver Symphony's Music of Harry Potter show, not a bad July!


In August I finished what is possibly my favorite dress of the year. This fabric was such a bargain and I love the finished dress so much!


As my internship drew to a close in September, I showed you all a glimpse inside the Denver Art Museum's storage.


Okay wait, maybe this dress from October was my favorite dress of the year...I can't decide!


Getting to go to the VIP showing of the Cartier exhibit I had helped work on all summer at the Denver Art Museum was also a highlight of my 2014. Beautiful jewels and a chance to get properly dressed up, what more could a girl ask for?


My favorite post from December has to be my new burgundy Renaissance inspired dress! I just adore this style, even if it isn't very modern, that's alright I suppose because often neither am I!

I hope you have all had a marvelous holiday season and are ready to move on into 2015! This year has been full of some great moments for me but overall was one of the most difficult years in other ways. I still struggle with being underemployed (very underemployed) since graduating back in 2013. I have heard from several sources I respect that the years following graduation/one's mid-twenties are actually some of the hardest which has made me feel a bit better. I have a lot of goals for 2015 and I plan on taking the reigns and heading towards my dreams even more this next year. The world's at my feet, it's time to conquer it, do come along for the ride?

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, how I've enjoyed your fabulous blog this year, dear Bianca. The fashion history posts in particular will always stand out for me from 2014. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, gorgeous outfits, creative tips and tutorials, and all kinds of other awesome history + vintage goodness with us this year. I can hardly wait to see what's coming down the pipeline next! :)

    Wishing you a truly awesome, happy, healthy, fun filled 2015!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! I have a ton of fun stuff planned for 2015!

      I hope you had a wonderful New Years and have a great 2015! <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...