July 17, 2014

Balboa Park



There is one place I never miss when I visit San Diego, and that's Balboa Park! Primarily built for the Panama-California Exhibition in 1915 (to celebrate the opening of the Panama Canal) the park hands down remains one of the most beautiful places I have ever yet to visit. Whether I am biased, being born a San Diegan after all, is up for debate but the magnificence of the park is not! The gorgeous Spanish baroque revival buildings now house museum after museum and are accented by various gardens and other cultural buildings. My favorite spot is by the long shallow pool of lilies and koi,  in front of the botanical building.




For this visit I wore my new Japanese print cotton dress that I finished before my trip. The pattern is the same as the last dress (the red polka dot) I made. Only this time I sewed on the sleeves correctly! I wasn't sure how I felt about the finished dress at first, but now I love it! Sometimes you have to step away from a project for a day after you finish it before you can truly see it. I paired the dress with some heeled strappy black sandals and my ever present flower hair combs.




Dress: Made by me
Belt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West
Pin: Vintage (local antique mall)
Earrings: Forever21
Bracelet: Vintage (inherited)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters (last year)


I have even more from my little trip to San Diego coming up soon!

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks great to me, and matches so well with the park! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanith! I like it now too, I just need time to rest after putting in zippers, I still find it so stressful! (even after 4 years of design school!) but after a day or so I can go back to liking a project! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...