December 14, 2017

Holiday Happenings












What should one wear while out holiday shopping? Probably not this, but I don't have any holiday parties to attend so I got dressed up just for fun. I actually wouldn't recommend petticoats in environments where you could potentially knock things off shelves with your skirt, but to be fair I am more clumsy than most so perhaps others could manage better than I!

This top is one of my most favorite makes ever. The combination of the stiff taffeta fabric with flocked flowers and the classic shape are a great pairing, and I think the plaid lends itself well to the holiday season. I've worn this top once before on this blog (see that outfit here) with a black pencil skirt, and I can imagine pairing it with my black circle skirt as well in the future. I have recently been considering making a full length black circle skirt, even though I never get to wear evening clothes, in silk taffeta or cotton sateen to wear with tops like this one. I just don't have anywhere to wear something so dramatic! This red circle skirt has been such a useful item in my closet in all seasons, and works especially well around the holidays for creating an almost Christmas card looking outfit. Cotton sateen is such a great fabric since it can be dressed up or down very easily.

I hope you all are having a good December so far, though I know for some the holidays are more a source for stress than a real celebration. Oddly, though I am not religious in any way, I still love the Christmas season. I love the smell of greenery, the infusion of cinnamon into everything sweet, the pretty lights, and the emphasis on goodwill for once, all of which have very little to do with much of anything except making winter feel cheerful. Then of course, as a bit of a shopaholic....I love shopping for gifts and wrapping presents! Even if I do get myself into trouble "accidentally" buying a few gifts for myself... Opps!

Have a good weekend everyone! and...may the force be with you! (OMG movie time!)

Top & Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Bait Footwear
Fishnets: Amazon
Hat, Jewelry, Clutch, Gloves, & Belt: Vintage


11 comments:

  1. So festive and so dramatic. The top really works with the skirt, and what a great idea to choose a black petticoat to provide a line from your shoes through to your gloves. And to top it all, the hat is wonderfully cute with your hair! Just fabulous! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderfully festive photos! Plaid is great for the winter and over Christmas, especially with red and green in it. I used to have a red tartan 1950s style circle skirt dress that came out at Christmas and loved wearing it. Sadly, it wasn't the best quality and eventually fell apart. I think it's time I introduced red tartan back into my wardrobe, so thank you for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cate! Red tartan is always a winner, I'd love a red tartan circle skirt dress myself as well :)

      Delete
  3. Bianca, I absolutely love everything about this outfit!The plaid fabric is stunning and is so beautiful with the red skirt and with the black pencil skirt in your previous post wearing it. Sparkly jewellery is a love of mine and that clutch handbag is gorgeous as well. A good weekend to you too! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that third photo, the mid-twirl one! So incredibly festive and fun. Enjoy this last week before Christmas, I hope you get all your shopping done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! I love a mid twirl photo so I always try and get a snap when I'm wearing a circle skirt ;)

      Delete
  5. A really pretty festive outfit. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is marvelous! I especially dig those shoes!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...