November 26, 2018

Cold Snap










This outfit repeats many of the things I wore in last week's post, the same faux fur collar, the same clutch, but repeats are reality! I wore this all black outfit to go see the newly opened Dior exhibit down at the Denver Art Museum this past weekend. The exhibit was fabulous, and I'll have a few photos from the galleries later in the week for you, but for now I'll just say that if you are in the Denver area you need to go see it if you love fashion.

While I perhaps should have worn something more new look inspired for the Dior show, I really wanted to wear my new American Duchess Theda heels. I thought the lower heel would be perfect for a museum visit since I'd be on my feet for a few hours and they performed admirably indeed. I got these in a size 10, my usual size, and they fit perfectly. I love the feel of these shoes, the quality is just amazing, not that that is unusual for American Duchess/Royal Vintage Shoes of course, but these just really feel like brand new antique shoes-- if that makes any sense!

I have been thinking about how I want to evolve my style a bit lately, as I am soooo due for a closet clean out. Not that I'm going to become a minimalist or anything, I just want to refine what I've got and perhaps put some of my stuff into deeper storage for a while to test if I ever really reach for it anyways. What I really need to do is sell some of the vintage I have that I've bought over the last couple years that doesn't fit! That pile only gets larger, and I need funds for future tattoo plans-- wait what, did I say that...

I'm going to go try and get a bit more work done tonight before I help my mom decorate our Christmas tree. Apparently it's about to be December?


Outfit Details
Dress: Made by me
Faux Fur Collar: Hot Hats (on Etsy)
Belt, Clutch, Gloves, & Earrings: Vintage
Hosiery: Hanes
Shoes: American Duchess


8 comments:

  1. You look stunning in all black. And, oh wow, your hair is amazing! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, and those shoes! They are simply dreamy!! I still have yet to get a pair of American Duchess/Royal Vintage!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! They are sooo good, very comfortable :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous look. I bet the exhibition was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...