September 17, 2018

Houndstooth and Crocodile Skins











Well, faux crocodile skins, embossed leather really. These brown heels from Remix have been one of the best investments over the last year, they really add some old school luxury to a look. If only this same shoe came in dark navy blue leather and solid darkest brown leather too...but I always ask for that.

I finished another big edit through the manuscript last week so I took a break the rest of the week and this past weekend to recharge a bit. I went out shopping with a good friend on Saturday and picked up a pair of leather saddle shoes at DSW of all places that I can't wait to wear. They have super cushy memory foam in the foot bed which swayed me into purchasing them so I could have retro appropriate comfy shoes to wear to work. Though now I really want to get my hands on some Freddies of Pinewood jeans to wear them with, and a plaid pendleton jacket for the full 40's casual look. 

This week is going to be front loaded with a lot of day job work, so if things are a bit extra quiet around, that will be why. Though later in the week I have an excursion into the mountains to admire the fall leaves (no doubt fully turned already up there in the higher elevations) planned, so I shall look forward to that! Is it starting to look like fall yet where you live?

Fall for me this year seems to have arrived quite quickly. I've simply got to get one last edit of the book finished (run through one last time for now, which I say all the time, but I've really gotta let go...) and get query letters out finally. I'm a broken record. So predictable, or is it reliable? Yeah lets go with reliable :)

Suit: Made by me
Blouse: Thrifted (Forever 21)
Handbag, Gloves, Brooch, & Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Remix Vintage Shoes



6 comments:

  1. It is cool how you're able to pull off both smart looks and casual ones... most bloggers seem to excel at one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! I especially love the little flourish on the skirt! And, yes, Remix shoes are my favorite!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I have only been to the Remix retail store once, but I didn't want to leave, one day I'll make it to that big sale they do ;)

      Delete
  3. This skirt is especially fabulous! Do you have a tutorial on this one? I have seen you do similar things, but I couldn't find *this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this skirt! Do you have a tutorial on it? I have seen many of your videos but I couldn't find *this one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...