July 31, 2016

Sunday Spotlight: Rainbow 1940s Hats


For a little while now I have been coveting a rainbow adorned 1940's hat, and it is all Hail Caeser's (the recent film) fault because they put Tilda Swinton in the perfect multi-hued toy fedora! Just look at this hat...



Goodness that is a cute hat (and suit!). I love the idea of a rainbow hat, it would naturally match nearly everything! It seems that ladies of the 1940s thought so too as I have found quite a few examples of hats made from striped rainbow silk or decorated with rainbow ribbons. I have also found the perfect rainbow hat for sale, but as it is quite pricey I haven't actually snatched it up yet, I may live to regret this indecision! Until I can save up for my dream rainbow topper, I am going to be making a new 40's hat with some wide semi-rainbow ribbon I picked up on Etsy a few months back when I first fell for the idea. Lets look at some rainbow pretties from the past...

So gorgeous!












Some of these pictured above are still for sale if any of you spot something you love give it a click and see if you can snatch it up. Hopefully a multicolored ribbon bedecked hat can hold me over til I can get my hands on a true rainbow hat! But more on my hat project on Wednesday :)



5 comments:

  1. Super swoon! These are so powerfully cool! I adore a great multi-coloured/rainbow hat, too, and am practically drooling over these stunners. I hope that your dream vintage one is able to come your way. It's awesome that you're planning to make your own version, too. I'm sure it's going to look every bit as terrific as these examples (plus, the colours stand to be even crisper, which is a big boon).

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are stunners right? I'll take one of each please! I really shouldn't buy the perfect one I've found for sale...but that might not stop me ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm kind of thinking that if it is perfect you maybe should try to get it otherwise it could end up as the one that got away! Not helpful from a budget point of view I know! The hat Tilda is wearing is gorgeous, I would love that! I haven't seen that film yet, must had it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end I decided you were quite right, and last night I bought it! Oh well, who needs savings anyways ;)

      Delete
    2. Good move! I'm sure you won't regret it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...