October 14, 2019

Above The Woods













This brown dress has been such a reliable piece in both autumn and winter for me over the last few years. I need to make another in black, these sleeves are just too fun to wear and I don't have a black wool dress in my wardrobe for some absurd reason!

This time I paired the cozy woolen dress with coordinating brown "crocodile" accessories, having recently snatched up this handbag on Etsy for just $12 to wear with my much loved pumps from Remix Vintage Shoes. A matching belt, also found on Etsy a few years back, and some antique brass toned jewelry finished the ensemble. I pulled the brassy yellow to add golden tan gloves too for the chillier elevations.

These photos were shot in Estes Park Colorado and my traveling companion (my mom) and I hiked up a little hill to some odd "ruins" to try and snap some photos after lunch as a local restaurant. It was too nice a day for photography really, I prefer some cloud cover! Then it was time for a jaunt into the very quaint and super local...Starbucks...for some fuel to continue on our way to driving the scenic Peak to Peak highway. We usually drive Guanella pass this time of year, and I have to say, Guanella is a much better drive! More places to stop (for outfit photo shoots, what? Isn't that why everyone else goes to the mountains?) with golden aspens and epic waterfalls, and a nice above-the-tree-line tundra summit. One never knows if another route may be better until they try it I suppose, but I hope to me back to Guanella next year :)

I hope you're all well as fall is now in full swing. I've been having a bit of a rough one so far, finding I am over scheduling and over working myself as usual, but with some new added stressors too that certainly aren't helping! I even tried the much publicized remedy here in Colorado, CBD oil, to try and help me get to sleep easier but found it didn't work for me. Hopefully once I'm done building my new backdrop set for YouTube I'll be able to find a few days to relax.

Happy pumpkin season!



Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Remix Vintage Shoes
Handbag, Belt, & Brooch: Vintage
Gloves: Vintage (gift)
Earrings: I make them, get some here if you'd like :)

13 comments:

  1. You look amazing! And those sleeves are to die for! I hope that you are able to take a time-out and rest up before the snow flies (and the holidays hit). I've been having trouble sleeping as well, so I started to drink herbal tea with a cookie or two about an hour before bed. Instead of a book or tv, I look at a pretty magazine like Victoria. I find that it helps me shut off my very active brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can definitely get behind a tea and cookie situation! <3

      Delete
  2. Its a wonderful dress I'd like one in every colour please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora! So would I really, so I need to get to work...

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Dress! Have to try this kind of sleeves, they look really fancy!

    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love bishop sleeves, they're so dramatic!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, the sleeves on that dress are so impactful! It looks like a lovely setting too, despite the sunshine...! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! The mountains were indeed beautiful, even if not always idea for photography <3

      Delete
  5. This dress is simply dreamy! I love the sleeves and collar. Simple and chic. Also, the photos of the scenery are just as dreamy!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I wonder, have you and Patrick ever visited Colorado? We have so many Frontierland sort of mining towns and things here and I'm sure you would love them!

      Delete
  6. Is this dress a specific pattern or one that you designed yourself? I am new to vintage although I have been "skirting" around it for years! I am not able to wear true vintage items due to height and have to make my own and really love the design of your dress. If it is a pattern, could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
    jewls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jewls! I did indeed make the pattern for this dress. I have a video on my Youtube channel show how to modify a two dart bodice pattern to have this gathered neckline which can be found here : https://youtu.be/ROMqp1j3piA?t=804 and other than that, this dress is quite simple, just a standard A-line skirt and then the bishop sleeves. I hope to make a video about making another dress just like this in black wool soon!

      Delete
  7. These are the best sleeves. Such a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...