November 30, 2018

X & XI : Monthly Round Up(s)


WHAT I GOT UP TO IN OCTOBER: (wait huh?...)

FAVE ENSEMBLE:  

It feels like I didn't get out of the house too much in October anything other than work, and therefore I didn't get properly "dressed" a ton (I wear a sort of uniform for work and can't/don't wear my "regular", aka, retro clothing there). When I did get properly dolled up, I honestly loved every outfit from this past month. October is the best month for clothes in my opinion, but my purple and burgundy look from Georgetown was perhaps my ultimate favorite! 


VIDEOS:  

Vintage Haul - More shopping from me of course ;)

Side Husselen no. 3 - Status Report

ALL THE OTHER THINGS:

-
A big yes to Abroad in Japan's cycle trip travel series. I love this channel in general!

-The Stories of Denis Villenuve I recently watched Sicario for the first time, how had I never seen it? So well done. I can't wait to watch the rest of Villenuve's films.

-This episode of Hannalize This, a podcast I binge listened to a few months back and now catch every episode of weekly, about Bisexuality really resonated with me. Ella's experience expecting her liberal family to be cool about her own bisexuality only to be met with seriously surprising resistance is super relatable in general honestly.

-I picked up an amazing pair of colorful earrings from Ciao Earrings, a shop I came across on Etsy, and totally love them!

-I made these pumpkin spice pumpkin snickerdoole cookies again and they are still the very best.


GOALS FOR NOVEMBER:

-Send out query letters

-Save up for next tattoo (...yep)

-Make more videos?




WHAT I GOT UP TO IN NOVEMBER: 

FAVE ENSEMBLE: 

I just really love my fall leaf/grapes print dress okay? There should be more fall leaf print fabric/clothing out there in the world!

VIDEOS:  

Fall Lookbook 2018 - See the same outfits you see here on the blog, only I move in them!

November 2-6 VLOG - Watch me try my hand at vlogging and getting out of Ikea without buying more than I went in for ;)

How I Plan My Vintage Sewing-  Not that I have been getting any sewing done lately!

Styling My Retro Hair With Bangs- Learning how to do my hair all over again really...

Victory Rolls on Short Hair With Bangs - A style I have been wearing quite a lot since getting bangs.

ALL THE OTHER THINGS:

-As I am fatally femme myself, I related a lot to this article from Autostraddle's more recent fashion based series of content.

-MUNA! I am in love. Seriously. Totally 1980's inspired but perfectly modern music, I Know A Place is my jam right now.

-Also in music news, Tessa Violet's second single from her next album is out, Bad Ideas, and both the song and the very colorful and aesthetically pleasing video are excellent.

-I stand by my own holiday gift guide from 2016. Check out my lasting recommendations here.

-Colourpop's shade Ribbon is my favorite red lipstick, so it's a real shame it was limited edition, but I just tried the shade "Season 10" and it is super similar for any of you on the hunt for a matte red lippie!

-This black dress that I can't afford is gorgeous.

-I have really enjoyed Madelynn's little daily vlogs this month, I forget that surely at least a couple of YouTube channels I follow are about to start vlogmas and now I'm excited!


HOW DID I DO ON MY GOALS FOR NOVEMBER:

-Send out query letters (*AHEM* ... maybe I did eh? ... stay tuned for Side Husselen to find out)

-Save up for next tattoo (I absolutely failed at saving any money this month, but I did have to pay $300 to get my laptop fixed so, eh...)

-Make more videos? (I made more than I made in October, so, win!)


GOALS FOR DECEMBER:

-Finish 3 sewing projects (an insane goal for my current level of productivity on this front!)

-Plan out my strategy for 2019

-Actually upload half or more of the videos I have planned for Dec (I have a lot planned)

-Get my bangs cut even shorter and fuller (I'm all in now you guys)


Also, consider this your friendly reminder to practice some serious self care and patience with yourself as we enter the last (and usually crazy in one way or another) month of the year please <3


2 comments:

  1. Not that I want to add to your list of sewing projects, but you're definitely a skilled enough seamstress to make a black dress inspired by that one you linked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...