November 19, 2018

Iced Over









'Tis the season for me to naively think "ah overcast weather, this will be perfect for outfit photos" only to be completely thrown by my lack of understanding of ISO and end up with over bright images like these. Such is life. Perhaps one day I'll actually take the time to learn about how my camera works.

Everything outside was covered in a thin layer of ice the day I stopped to get these photos on the way back from a yummy lunch at our favorite Indian restaurant in town. Even all those spices couldn't warm me up, because though I'm doing my best to smile here-- I was about to get the call saying my hard drive was indeed dead and gone. But hark, what's that I hear aloft in the icy wind? The laptop's been fixed you say?!

Indeed, I am typing on it now. I'm home again, here on my beautiful old laptop with it's shiny, empty, new hard drive. I have already "installed" a new feature-- and external hard drive mounted onto the back with Velcro! You have heard of "save early, save often" I'm sure, but how about "one is none". One copy of data is just never enough, and I'm going to be the back up queen okay? I am going to back up stuff so much it's going to become super second nature. You've never seen someone so perfectly paranoid and obsessive about backing up data!!!

This suit is really close to being a total dream. The only thing is...I made the jacket too low cut in the front and should have had a four button stance instead of the measly two buttons I did here. How to fix this less-than-flattering misstep? Big faux fur collars of course. This one is new, found on Etsy since I wasn't feeling up for sewing with faux fur this season. It really "fixes" the jacket I think. The clutch I'm carrying here is a new addition as well, this time vintage, and was in a bit worse shape than the seller had let on, but what frequent online vintage shopper isn't used to that happening? I fixed it up and now I've got a black leather clutch finally. Not that I needed another clutch, who are we kidding eh?

So now I can thaw out of my ice snap and think about picking up where I left off so abruptly last week. Where was I again? Oh yeah, about to start querying. The temptation to continue hibernating is strong, but like everything else in my way lately, it will not stop me.

But for tonight, "new" laptop configured again as best I can, I'm calling it quits and watching a little anime before bed ;)

Suit: Made by me
Collar: Hot Hats on Etsy
Clutch & Gloves: Vintage
Hosiery: Hanes
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Earring: I don't remember? ... sry

10 comments:

  1. Bianca, I think these photos are stunning! I don't know if you did something to balance the brightness because if you didn't I think they are wonderful as they are. So glad your laptop issues are behind you(fingers crossed). I too am obsessive about saving and backing up!
    I love this suit and the faux fur collar knocks it out the park(I'm English so I'm not sure why I used that metaphor! Lol). Love the victory rolls on your new hair cut and I believe you mentioned a tutorial? By the way can I just be in awe of you eyebrows since you've fully grown them out🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hoorah for the mended laptop! (I just replied to your earlier post; it's good to get straight to the happy ending.)

    And that outfit is really pretty, and you are still rocking the fringe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair and I just watched your YouTube video how to do victory rolls on short hair. I have a hard time doing victory rolls on medium to long hair and I was wondering is it easier doing it on shorter hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely think victory rolls are easier (actually, I think most vintage styles are easier) on shorter hair. Obviously some things become impossible on hair that's just too short, but bob length to just past the shoulder I think is the easiest-to-style range for vintage hair, at least in my own experience!

      Delete
  4. These photos are stunning and your suit looks so cosy against the icy backdrop! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! I'm sorry about your hard drive!! I back up everything regularly, and I think I'm on my third external drive, because I have soooo many photos!

    This suit is so spectacularly wintery, and I love it! Also your hair is spectacular!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I don't back up my photos enough, I need a better photo strategy in general really!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...