September 6, 2018

Antiquities Department
















This is the skirt from my natural linen suit I just wore in a post last month, only paired with my brown cotton twill jacket this time instead of the matching bolero. I can definitely see the flaws in this jacket pattern...and yes they bother me! It was drafted from my old bodice pattern (because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to draft a new pattern...shame!) This pattern didn't have a FBA (full bust adjustment) and the other fussing around done to it so the fit is rather imperfect. A struggle for another time, for as summer winds down I have no need for my warm weather jacket pattern as of now...

Instead I should be sewing for fall, but I am going to go get some writing done instead. I know, shocker. I am a predictable gal :)

Skirt & Jacket: Made by me
Clutch, Scarf, & Jewelry: Vintage
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Hat: Fashionable Frolic (Etsy)


4 comments:

  1. It looks fab - funny how everyone who makes things only sees the flaws; I'm guilty of that myself.

    I would so read that adventure story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely in love with this outfit! And, ah, yes the SS Sudan. It's on our list of things to do for sure! The cruise looks and sounds amazing that they offer.

    I would also totally love to read a story like that from you!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I've got some ideas for such a story jotted down already, I'll get to writing it one day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...