June 18, 2018

Summer Sateen













The last time I wore this dress was in Paris, so it's hard not to feel a bit jealous of past me and that truly quite exciting day. We started at the Musée d'Orsay, went to Laduree for tea, and then did some shopping at Deyrolle. It is rather hard to top all that here at home! On this occasion I was bound for a mere stroll around Denver's Botanical Gardens, but gardens are lovely too, even when they aren't Parisienne.

It was unreasonably hot out unfortunately, but that is to be expected at this time of year. In Colorado it can still be snowing in May, but when the heat arrives it does so with vigor. Stretch cotton sateen like that of this dress is useful in hot weather, no one wants to be wearing polyester in the summer now do they? I paired the dress with a tan snakeskin belt, my Remix sandal heels, some tropical leaf brooches, and a new bamboo box purse that I acquired recently. I may have already had a few wicker handbags in my closet, but I wanted one in bamboo as well, truly--I cannot be stopped. If only I could find some nice bamboo themed jewelry too, but I have yet to fully fall in love with any set I have seen.

My last week has been full of researching the publishing industry, making a list of literary agents to look into further, and refining my query letter. I have noticed several agencies want a synopsis too, so now I have a whole new blurb to research and write! It's funny, they say "query 100 agents before you even think about giving up", but then they also want you to thoroughly research each agent and know exactly why they are the best fit for your novel. Where am I supposed to find all of this time you guys? I need a time turner like Hermione.

My relief from the publishing research induced stress has been watching the anime Mushi-Shi, which is quite excellent and calming even if the stories are often at least somewhat sad. Give it a go even if you aren't usually an anime fan, it's quiet, different than most, and can be found for free on YouTube. Watching an episode before bed has been a recent ritual. Self care can take many forms you guys ;)

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Remix
Handbag, Belt, & Jewelry: Vintage
Fishnets: Amazon
Sunglasses: Sunglasses Museum (Etsy)

3 comments:

  1. The colours feel unusual, but I am not sure why - and they look fabulous on you, especially with the mustard touches. Good luck with all your researching and blurb-writing.... Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is so fab, and I adore the neckline.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...