March 21, 2018

Cataloging Catalogs: Ward's Fall/Winter 1947-1948, More Dresses!


What's that? More pages of beautiful 1940's dresses? Okay sure! So many of these are super simple in the best day-wear sort of way, and we even have a few maternity and juniors styles featured in today's pages! Vintage isn't all glamorous cocktail dresses of course, though sometimes I wish I could get away with wearing just those more often. Also, can we talk about how so many of the shoes these gals are wearing are almost identical to the wonderful Royal Vintage Shoes Marilyn pumps? Just goes to show how very authentic that silhouette is for the 1940's!

I've got plenty more coming from this 1947/1948 Fall/Winter Montgomery Wards catalog soon, I just have to schedule in some more time at my scanner ;)



















3 comments:

  1. The differences between Junior styles and the others is fairly subtle, isn't it? More peter pan collars and fuller skirts, perhaps more whimsy in the decoration. I even thought, 'Oooh, I'd wear the maternity styles too' till I got to that slack suit. I've never said this about anything from the catalogue before, but that slack suit is NASTY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of junior's styles in these old catalogs that I would totally wear, but then there are the few that are very much "little girls frilly dress but bigger" that are just way too lolita for my tastes!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I would wear those junior dresses in a heartbeat! :D

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...