December 4, 2017

Black-Capped Chickadees











These little birds were following us around at the Chatfield Botanical Gardens and singing sweet little songs. I felt a bit like Snow White with them hopping about in the trees! I just had to look up what kind of birds they were when I got home, and now I know they are black-capped chickadees. At least that's what I think they were, I'm no bird expert, I just think they are well cute!

We have reached the point in the year where I actually wish it would snow just a little bit so the landscape would be rendered a bit more wintry and charming. I didn't even need a coat this weekend, it was that warm out. This blue suit is a favorite of mine (she says about all her suits...) and this time I decided to pair it with red accessories. The reds here are actually not perfectly matched to one another, which I have decided to pretend I don't mind- even though that kind of thing does get to me! I want everything to be perfectly coordinated even if that is just not realistic. The gloves were a more recent acquisition this past fall. I actually didn't have a well fitting pair of red gloves until now, which seemed like a rather basic color to have and therefore strange to have missing from my arsenal. Red accessories are probably the most useful set in a vintage wardrobe after black, as red is such a great accent with most neutrals as well as many brighter colors. I decided to style this outfit just as I would if my hair wasn't a random loud color, so I didn't coordinate around the purple, and I was surprised that I felt it still worked in the end. The purple hair does make me want to add more purple into my wardrobe though...

I actually got a tiny bit of sewing done this weekend as I finally hemmed two pleated plaid skirts that have been knocking about for a few weeks! The 1980's made some very nice plaid wool skirts, but most are just too long for 40's styling.  I actually need to ban myself from picking up these skirts because I have so many plaid skirts now that it's just getting a bit silly. I need to focus on finding nice sweaters and jackets to pair with all of my skirts instead. I hope you all had a lovely weekend as we head into December, I just can't believe the end of the year is approaching so soon!

Suit, Hat, Handbag, Scarf, Gloves, & Brooch: Vintage
Fishnets: Amazon
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Earrings: Old Navy


7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely getting a Snow White feel here! Gorgeous colours, and how cute about the birds following you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! I did indeed feel a bit like Snow White :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful look! The red and blue look amazing on you, and they work so perfectly with your hair. Even without the snow, this is really enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are indeed black capped chickadees. They are a very friendly bird- my sister has trained them to come and eat seeds out of her hand :)

    Loving your purple hair by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I am jealous of your sister, they are so cute I'd love to make friends with them. I held a little bird this size before, but only because I had just rescued it from my cat...it lived through that harrowing experience however and flew away!

      Delete
  4. How lovely to feel like Snow White! The red accessories are great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...