October 16, 2017

Spiders and Stripes












After years of considering myself a Ravenclaw, I was recently sorted (via Pottermore) into Slytherin. So though I may be sporting a spider instead of a snake here, I'm still wearing some Slytherin worthy green with what I can imagine is a house favorite color for clothing, black of course.

Annnnd...I'm a Harry Potter nerd. Really I just had to wear these new gloves, because look at them! So happy to have these emerald green gloves in my collection now <3 I recently snatched up a pair in olive green too! Now if I could only fulfill my new dream and find chartreuse gloves, but they seem to be in high demand and quite rare. If I do film another haul video this fall it will be all about gloves because I have still been going glove crazy. My hat on the other hand you may remember as I have worn it here on the blog before, with this exact same dress! I just think the two go together so well. Both this hat and the fabric for this dress were splurges at the time (this fabric was $19 a yard which is much more than I normally spend on fabric), so its a good thing I adore them! I need to figure out some other outfits to wear with this hat...

I didn't get as much done as I wanted to this weekend, but I never do! I did get some cleaning done, and some rest in, and since both were much needed I suppose that will have to do for now. I'm waiting for things to calm down a bit so I can get some real work done, and finally get some sewing (I haven't so much as turned on my machine for weeks!) going again too! I need at least one spooky October day full of gothic films and pumpkin spice everything too, so hopefully I can fit that in somewhere. I hope you are all well this week and I'll be back with more posts soon!

Dress: Made by me
Hat, Clutch, Gloves, Earrings, & Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Brooch: Luxulite


5 comments:

  1. The fabric drapes beautifully in that dress, worth the splurge! It's looking nice and autumnal with you, the pumpkin spice and spooky film sounds like a nice way to spend some time. I never get everything done I want to do though either!
    Good luck finding your chartreuse gloves, you'll find them eventually I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! The hunt for chartreuse accessories continues ever on...

      Delete
  2. I love that hat, the stripes are so happy looking, always good to see it again. I think there should be more chartreuse everywhere, one of my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...