December 5, 2016

Blue Skies & Blue Suits












I can't pass up a suit in my measurements, I just love suits! Nothing ever feels as chic or instantly imparts a sense of power so easily as nice tailoring. To be fair though, this shade of blue does make me feel a bit like a flight attendant some how!

I paired my new blue suit with grey accessories, which I may have acquired just to match the trim on the jacket (#shopaholic). The gloves are even fleece lined which was a nice surprise! Especially since these grey pumps turned out to be quite uncomfortable, being merely cheapy shoes from Amazon, but I am still in the market for nice grey heels. I have come to wish that Royal Vintage Shoes offered their lovely Marilyn pumps in every color, they could release five more shades and I'd buy a pair in each. How about dark navy leather, brown faux lizard skin, grey suede, and perhaps an ivory leather? Just some initial suggestions ;) The handbag I have here is another new addition and reminds me of a classic car. I feel like many vintage handbags are relatively under-priced in the market right now, they are so cute and fun to collect!

I will be turning my attention to sewing some suiting soon, starting with a check grey jacket that has been on my to do list for over a year! I already have the skirt finished and waiting. I've got some brown wool on the way from Mood Fabrics too so I can make myself a brown suit too after failing to find a vintage one in my size (impatient much?).

Back to the holiday rush at work today, I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Suit, Handbag, Scarf, Gloves, & Jewelry: Vintage
Tights: What Katie Did
Shoes: Amazon

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous suit! This blue is really beautiful with your coloring. This building is also so lovely - what a perfect place to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! My brother went to the University of Denver, so as I became more familiar with the architecture over on their campus, I want to go get photos there more often!

      Delete
  2. I felt the air hostess vibe immediately, but think the suit looks all the better for it. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so elegant in this kind of suit, it's beautiful on you. How all suits should be!! I find most modern ones so boring. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Porcelina! Vintage suits are so much better than modern ones, it's almost silly! Modern suit makers need to adopt some vintage inspiration pronto <3

      Delete
  4. Yes, I got the air hostess vibe but you do it with such glamour, just like the ladies did back in the 50s and 60s. I love the little trim on the collar, that's so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cate! The little striped details are remarkable to me, I'd never want to have to sew them as it seems like it would be such fiddly work!

      Delete
  5. How stunning you look!!! I need to make a muslin of a suit I wanna make asap, I'm in need of a new suit, and nothing is working for me.

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! I have a hard time sewing suiting, I need more tailoring experience, perhaps I'll take a class someday!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful suit! I love this shade of blue no wonder you couldn't resist it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't resist a suit in my measurements ;)

      Delete
  7. Great collar details and a lovely colour. I like the grey accessories, especially the handbag. Can't beat one with a top clasp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate-Em! I collected the grey accessories just for this look but I'm sure they will come in handy with lots of outfits in the future!

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous suit! It's such a great color, so I don't blame you for snatching it up!

    The pairing with that scarf is inspired too! I feel like you look like you're about to set sail on a steamship!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! All I would need is a nice set of silver suitcases to match for a steam ship journey, and I wouldn't mind taking such a trip one bit :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...