September 7, 2015

Brocaded Butterflies










I just realized I am looking down in all of these photos today! Must be because I am so tired this holiday weekend, working retail can do that to a girl! Anyway, I made this brocade dress last week to wear to the wedding I attended on Friday. I had this beautiful brocade in my stash for forever and I fell more and more in love with it as I was sewing up the dress. Though Joanns still carries similar Chinese polyester brocades, this one from several years ago is much better quality than the fabrics they have on offer now. I hadn't really noticed the decline until working with this lovely brocade last week! Which is too bad because I am a major brocade lover, I have a bunch already hanging in my closet!

For the wedding I paired the dress with black heels and jewelry for a little more subdued look. I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself with glam jewelry! Today I went with vintage rhinestones instead for the full effect! A darker red lip and loose curls completed the more glamorous look. I am excited to have this dress in my arsenal for events and nice dinners out. It's good to have some instant-bombshell dresses you can rely on to make you feel good!

Dress: Made by me
Belt: ? don't remember
Shoes: Zara
Tights: Amazon (here)
Bracelets: Banana Republic
Necklace and Earrings: Vintage

13 comments:

  1. Powerfully gorgeous dress and entire look. There is something positively regal about brocade done up in midnight worthy shades of dark purple, blue and black like this. Stunning!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you think your dresses couldn't get any better. You must have looked spectacular at the wedding, but I really like it with these silver scrappy shoes. Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I am so glad I picked up these shoes (on super sale!) this summer, they are the perfect evening shoe!

      Delete
  3. You look so wonderfully glamorous, Bianca! The colour and cut is fantastic and very bombshell-y indeed! (that doesn't make much sense in decent English, but I think you get what I mean haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Super dress, it really suits you! I am a brocade fan too, I have a lovely brocade skirt which is a little to snug at the mo but hopefully I will change that! This brocade has lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I am big fan of brocade skirts too, I think I have 4 brocade pencil skirts now? I need to cut back :)

      Delete
  5. I'm 33, a new mom, and brand new to the sewing world after reading about the detriments of fast fashion, and committing to learning how to sew. I came across your work in googling sewing vintage dresses and saw this beautiful dress. This is the kind of thing I aspire to. Thank you for living authentically and creating. Very inspiring! -- Rachel from Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Rachel! Sewing can certainly be very rewarding, good luck in your sewing adventures!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...