October 27, 2014

Black and Gold Italienne Dress


I finished the first of my Renaissance inspired dresses ages ago but hadn't been able to wear it/get photos until this weekend! Inspired by the Borgia's TV program and its beautiful costuming, I decided to try making Italian Renaissance sleeves on a regular sheath dress! These sleeves are my favorite thing ever, but you will notice most of these photos are from the waist up. That's because the epic sleeves are a little overpowering and I should have worn black tights with this outfit to balance everything out. I think with tights to ground the look, it will be less top heavy looking. Anyway, this dress is a bit crazy, I mean even for me this is a bit too over the top. It certainly is fun though!





Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Made by me
Earrings: souvenir from Florence
Headband: Made by me
Snood: Etsy (here)

2 comments:

  1. It is certainly heaps of fun, and absolutely gorgeous too! What an amazing design. I think with different accessories it would be very wearable as evening wear, thanks to the simplicity of the main dress part. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanith! I have a few more of these Italian Renaissance inspired dresses planned but they are a little more subdued than this one, I really wish I had more evening even't to wear fancy things to!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...