September 26, 2014

Fashion Spring/Summer 2015



Fashion week, I have been watching intently since back in high school. Back then minimalism wasn't as big of a trend as it is now, so I had lots to look forward to! Now most of the shows don't really interest me. Still, I like to see what comes down the runways in each city, New York, London, Milan, and Paris. I save looks from each collection that inspire me, and this year I saved one whole photo from New York fashion week! Slim pickings.

Obviously, I love embellishment and luxurious textile pairings, but I also adhere pretty strictly to my favorite shapes (50's silhouettes really). The Erdem collection (seen above) had the most gorgeous color palette and I love the tropical print lace!

Gucci
Again I though the color palette at the end of Gucci's show was rather pretty. Teals and saffron oranges are perfect for a jewel toned summer. The embroidery was super pretty too, even if these dresses aren't really my preferred silhouettes.




Dolce and Gabbana
I always find things to love at Dolce and Gabbana! This season they were inspired by Spain and the black and red collection was perfectly Dolce! I liked the looks above the most, along with the ever present fabulous accessories. Those embellished shoes would go with everything in my closet!

Midway through Paris fashion week I still haven't seen a collection to truly droll over, hopefully my favorite brand Alexander McQueen will fill this void later this week! Do any of you follow fashion week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...