June 6, 2014

Outfit at the Carnival Americana


Every year there is a little carnival that rolls up out of nowhere, setting up in the back parking lot of my high school alma mater. It seems as if one day it's not there and the next day it just is, like the night circus but infinitely less cool. The few rides looked terrifyingly rickety this year! Most involved a lot of spinning which is not something I think I would enjoy! 

I like how old fashioned the idea of a traveling carnival seems, like a scene from The Notebook or Grease! Something about the carnival makes me think of the 1950's immediately. It's probably the aforementioned films making the association so firm in my mind. Since I had on a rather 50's outfit today, I drug my dad over to the carnival to get some photos for you all!




Top: Next (from London, bought in 2012)
Skirt: Self made (I told you months ago I made some pencil skirts, this was one of them!)
Scarf: Vintage
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Earrings: Forever21
Necklace: Self made
Shoes: Mudd (and ancient...from high school)





I have some fun stuff lined up to show you all soon, like the fruits of some guilt-inducing-shopping at my favorite antique mall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...