December 1, 2013

Twenties Cleopatra Dress : Bodice Details


I added some lightweight gold trim to the wrap style front of my Cleopatra dress this weekend. It is all sewn on by hand and as I went around I added gold sun shaped sequins as well for an added bit of sparkle. I have reached the point in this project where I have been able to try the dress on and I have to say I am excited to make a better slip (or two) to go underneath. I bought a very nice polyester, and that is saying a lot for me because I usually hate polyester, that has a great silk look and feel in navy and another poly fabric that is shinier in a olive green. Either would make a great under-dress/slip for this dress, which as always I am excited to finish soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...