August 23, 2018

Scouting Style









Something about this little scarf makes me feel like a girl scout, but though I am wearing khaki here and have a yellow silk kerchief, I have not been an actual girl scout in a very long time.

Instead this outfit is more inspired by the ensembles worn by Grace Kelly and Ava Gardner in the film Mogambo from 1953. I have worn very similar adventure or safari inspired outfits here on the blog before, as they are a summertime staple for me. This time I paired my trusty Banana Republic safari shirt with my newer olive green cotton sateen circle skirt that I made earlier in the year. Finished with cognac leather accessories, I was ready to face the great outdoors! I'm only kidding. A paved path was easily navigable in my favorite Bait high heeled sandals ;) I am more of a city girl as we could probably guess from my propensity for heels right?

It's back to more sedentary adventures for me, as I have a lot of work to do this upcoming weekend! I love my work though, nothing is better than writing and editing, though I do have some sewing to finish as I actually cut out a dress last week! I have been so lax in my sewing this year. Shall we call it quality over quantity? Sure, yeah...let's go with that.

Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: Made by me
Belt: Target
Shoes: Bait Footwear
Clutch, Earrings, Scarves: Vintage


8 comments:

  1. This is such a fun take on a classic look! I love the color scheme so much, and the whole shoot is making me ITCH to get back to photography and blogging. As soon as our new tripod arrives Tuesday I'm off to photoshoot!
    xo
    Kristina
    eyreeffect.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina! Blogging and styling photo-shoots is indeed very fun :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen people climb a mountain heels. I don't know if they were brave or foolish, but I have seen it done. Regardless, I love this look and that clutch is amazing. I need one in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This style of clutch can be found on etsy, but then again, nearly everything can be found on esty ;)

      Delete
  3. This outfit is darling!!!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look lovely!! i'm a big fan of the safari style! Sad that summer is leaving, but i'm excited to see your fall looks. Garden of the Gods makes a great backdrop for your look in this post-- if you come take a visit down to the Springs/manitou area again, I highly recommend checking out our castles! Glen Eyrie is beautiful and a fabulous place to take tea, and the Mirimont Castle is beautiful with a fascinating history; i think you'd enjoy seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have sorta been to Glen Eyrie, I've seen the outside, but the owners are super strict about photos around the castle so I didn't stay long. I haven't heard of the Mirimont castle so I'll have to look it up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...