August 20, 2018

Cotton Color Block












I may have just snapped up another one of these vintage pleated skirts in rusty orange for autumn...but in fairness I find pleated skirts are just incredibly easy to pair with so very many things! This soft brown colored version matches this color-blocked cotton jacket, could be paired with my dark red suiting jacket, a black suit jacket, a lighter tan jacket I have, or a brown suit jacket I have...it seems to pair with everything. I am hoping I'll find dark orange just as useful for fall :)

And yes, I am already thinking about fall fashion even though it's still summer. Fall is the best season for clothes after all, as you get to wear all the accessories like gloves, hats, and scarves comfortably  without having to layer a coat over the top just yet. I was really hoping to add a new vintage 1940's suit to my collection this year, but sadly nothing in my size seems to be available currently. The pains of vintage shopping-- sometimes you literally cannot find what you are after! I did pick up a few new pairs of shoes recently though...you all have seen the new Royal Vintage collection on pre-order right now yes? Just gorgeous! I'm going to be listing some vintage items on Etsy soon in the hope of raising some more funds so I can invest in another pair of the Alice heeled oxfords in either rust or brown (I've already ordered the black!). I've accumulated several lovely things that just don't fit and they need to be moved along to someone who can enjoy them.

Now bruised after my recent little online shopping jaunt around the interwebs, I must really lock up my pocketbook and get sewing instead. Of course I'm behind on writing, sewing, videos, and just about everything still! I wasted a whole day on Saturday waiting around for many hours you see, getting nothing done (except for reading, thank goodness there was a bookshop two doors down!), waiting and waiting as a walk in at a local tattoo parlor...oh yeah, that was one last investment I made this past weekend! Though you will have to wait a while to see. At least cost per wear on a tattoo is an excellent value ;)

Jacket: Made by me
Skirt, Clutch, Brooch, & Hat: Vintage
Shoes: Remix Vintage
Fishnets: Amazon

7 comments:

  1. I've ordered the Alice in carnelian. I'm going to get the nutmeg brown pair as soon as payday rolls around. To be perfectly honest the black ones are on my radar. Any brooches going on your Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the Alice's in carnelian too, the color is just gorgeous! I'll have to look through my brooches to see if I can part with any, but I'm afraid it's mostly clothing I'll be listing.

      Delete
  2. What a cute outfit! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable outfit! Did you go anywhere wearing this? Tea perhaps? Lunch? I'm dying to know what kinds of activities you do wearing your gorgeous vintage clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do any activity while wearing vintage, to me they are just my clothes.

      Delete
  4. Aaah that's a pretty outfit. And now I'm wondering... is there any colour you can't wear? Because I'm trying to think of one and honestly can't. You look good in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered the Ruth in brown. I'm very excited but surprisingly nervous since this is my first pair of "real" shoes. And I ordered them in brown, another first for me. I guess I was feeling extra brave that day or extra bored of a solid black wardrobe! I'm still debating on whether or not to buy another pair while they're on pre-order, but I might wait so that I can shop your Etsy page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...