June 8, 2017

Sun Flowering












I bought these pants in November to wear during my trip to Paris in April. I packed them, but I never got the chance to wear them in France! Oh well, best laid plans and all...

I wore them instead with a little peasant blouse and high heeled mules for full 50's glam to go flower shopping at the local garden center. Nothing says gardening like high heels right? hmm, perhaps not. I always get the best looks at this place, though last year was worse when I had on a huge hat! Traditionally in my family we go flower shopping on Mother's Day as in Colorado that date usually indicates the start of the safe-from-spring-snow zone. Sadly that wasn't the case this year and my dad brought all the new flowers inside the basement when snow struck days later in mid May! Luckily that nonsense is finally over with and instead of snow we already have summer heat! Thank goodness for air conditioning, just look at the overexposure in these photos from the blinding mid-day sun. Oh it's hot again alright, we skipped the nice mild section and went straight to the heat!

It is a rare day when I share an outfit on here involving pants, but I have long wanted to try this cropped high waisted style out for myself. I'm not sure if I love the look on me really, but that could be partially because I bought these pants (the pedal pushers from Vivien of Holloway) one size too big on accident. I thought I would want a bit of extra room and bought the size 32" waist instead of the 30" and that was the wrong choice! I ended up taking these in in the waist (with a "dart" in the center back) and down along the legs along the outside edges. With shipping rates between the US and the UK right now it just didn't make sense to simply exchange them. One day I will get to shop at the Holloway store again; I have mentioned before that during my study abroad in London I lived on the same street as the Vivien of Holloway store location! It would be so much nicer to be able to try things on, but I should have known VOH stuff has always been quite true to size in my experience and I should have gone for the size 30". Now I know! The pants themselves are very nice, good weight of fabric, and I liked the cute little notches at the end of the outer seams above the ankle.

My next pants adventure will be making a new pair of jodhpurs this summer with that Miss Fisher-esk pattern Butterick put out a while back. Before that I've got to use up some of my fabric stash first, I have so much fabric already waiting to become clothes! I started on a new 1930's safari inspired suit this past weekend so hopefully I can finish that up soon :) Have a good rest of the week everyone!

Pants: Vivien of Holloway
Blouse & Sunglasses: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Random discount shoe store in San Diego
Handbag, Bracelet, & Earrings: Vintage

10 comments:

  1. Those pants look fabulous on you! And I love little peasant blouses like that - I have a long sleeve one that I probably wear twice a week, they're so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you Jessica! I wish I had more blouses like this! I need to go shopping ;)

      Delete
  2. You look lovely! If people want to look, I'm sure it's in admiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim! Suburbia can't handle the vintage sometimes...most times ;)

      Delete
  3. Bianca in pants, I don't know if I've ever seen you in them before!! You look lovely, they really show off your wonderful figure, no wonder people were looking at you (in envy, I'm sure). The pretty blouse is a sweet addition too, I have seen a few bloggers wearing them recently, I must get one that fits me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Thank you Porcelina! I don't know why I feel more self conscious in high waisted pants than I do in a pencil skirt, but I definitely do!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous casual look and you look marvellous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is downright adorable!

    I need to explore Vivian of Holloway a bit more. I have two pairs of her shorts, and one pair of the side button, wide leg jeans.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey! The blouse was a lucky find years ago at TJ Maxx :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...