December 1, 2016

Modern Geometry











The Denver Art Museum has two main buildings and each is done in a completely different style. The modern crystal-ish shaped titanium plate covered building pictured here is the Hamilton building which was added to the museum in 2006. It's just as angular inside which can lead to curators having to be extra creative with how to display artwork in such unique spaces. I am rather attached to the museum after my short internship spent working there over the summer of 2014. I am predisposed to like art museums anyway, I am a huge fan of almost all museums! 

I wore this black dress and fun rainbow ribbon hat when I visited the museum for their current big exhibition Star Wars and the Power of Costume. You may remember this hat as I documented how I made it here on the blog :) It was super fun to wear it at the art museum as people there were obviously interested in art to begin with so I got a few compliments on my hat which I'm not really used to. Out here in the suburbs people tend to just stare confused instead! The shoes I have on here are my latest indulgence from Royal Vintage Shoes. Called Lana, this style come in three colors and I finally caved when the black came in! They are quite comfortable like all of my Chelsea Crew shoes from Royal Vintage have been. I'm really pleased with these, and I got them for a steal using my royal rewards points which was even better!

I'm in the thick of our busiest season now at work as we enter the holiday rush. Working some extra hours may leave less time for sewing, but it does mean I can hopefully save up for some travels next year so it will be worth it in the end! I hope you all have had a great first day of December <3

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Lana Chelsea Crew (Royal Vintage Shoes)
Tights: Hanes (Amazon)
Handbag, Gloves & Jewelry: Vintage
Hat: Made by me


12 comments:

  1. Your hat looks wonderful against the plain block of colour of the dress - just fabulous.I adore the shoes too! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect background for a more sculptural hat. :)
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, can't go wrong with fun architecture!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, my first thought was 'elegant'. I'm not surprised you got lots of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backdrop for your photos. I like the sparkles of the dress clips against the plain dress. I'm not surprised that you were complimented on your lovely hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate-Em! I am so into dress clips this year, I can't wait to make more solid colored dresses to wear them with!

      Delete
  5. Your hat is fantastic! You wear it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress! So stunning! I love dress clips too.

    Also, really dig these shoes! I have yet to get a pair of Royal Vintage shoes!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I love Royal Vintage Shoes, perhaps too much...I need to go on a shopping diet!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...