February 19, 2015

Olive Brocade in the Wind






We are in between snows here in Colorado, it is supposed to bury us in white again this weekend. People were out in droves today at the local wildlife reserve biking and walking the trails in the sunshine before the snow drives everyone indoors again. I am still discovering new parks locally, and this one lines the river just behind the shopping center where I work! I had never been back here, but I am sure I will be back. I am always looking for groves of trees or a forest type of setting as they seem rare in my area, and I think this place will fit the bill once spring returns and brings new leaves.

You guys may recognize this dress as one of the first of the Renaissance inspired dresses I made last fall. I noticed how well it would match my old olive green silk 18th century bergere style hat and had to try the two together! I had a bit of fun doing my hair today too, the front is in victory rolls and I rolled a bun in the back using one of those net/foam rats.

I'm not quite ready for the snow to descend again, I am already dreaming about summer clothes!

Dress: Made by me
Hat: Made by me
Tights: What Katie Did
Shoes: Nine West
Jewelry: Vintage (Etsy)

6 comments:

  1. My word, that is one seriously gorgeous, perfectly curve hugging dress. I love the tones and styling at work here. Olive green is a hue we don't see near enough of in the vintage world (which is all the more reason I was delighted to find a khaki/olive coloured vintage appropriate sweater at Forever 21 while we were on holiday last fall - it's getting so much play in my cold weather wardrobe now).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I too love olive green, I keep seeing it all over the runways for fall 2015 so hopefully there will be some nice things in stores for fall in shades of olive!

      Delete
  2. Your hat is magnificent, it suits you so well. Love both the colour and style of your dress, brocade is such a beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is stunning! The hat is amazing and the dress just gorgeous!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...