January 10, 2015

The First Sewing Projects of 2015


When sitting down at my machine this week, it felt like a century had passed since I had last sewn anything. However, the holiday haze has finally dispersed and I got to work on a few new projects. While I should be sewing the Victorian chemise...instead I started a few new pencil skirts. I realize I already have quite a few pencil skirts, and yet, I still want more pencil skirts! I am determined to make some circle skirts and other silhouettes this year to add some much needed variety. Until then though, I am in the middle of three new pencil skirts!

I recently found some rather delicious peacock feather patterned Chinese brocades at Joanns and snapped them up! The first has a black satin ground with dark teal feathers with dark mint centers, the second has a navy blue ground with white, brown, and bright teal feathers. The third skirt fabric is a black cotton jacquard/brocade with a lace woven pattern. I wanted another black pencil skirt in a more fall/winter appropriate fabric than my simple cotton twill skirt. I still would love to make a nice black wool pencil skirt too (but instead I should make a black wool circle skirt!). It doesn't help that it takes much less fabric to make pencil skirts than full skirts, fabric is expensive!


 Speaking of extra fabric, it turned out that the black lace print cotton was wider than I had thought so I bought too much. I have enough extra fabric that I think I may be able to eek out a dress too! Which is rather exciting as I don't actually have a simple black dress right now. I promise I will make my Victorian chemise before I start on this dress! That doesn't mean I don't also have other projects planned, like another Renaissance inspired dress. I always have so much sewing to do, in fact I better stop typing and get back to the sewing room!



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...