October 12, 2020

Creepy Crawlies

 











I bought bugs on the internet this week.

Is a sentence I never exactly expected to type. I have been having a lot of fun filming spooky atmospheric B-roll footage for my Victorian costuming videos, and now that I have decided to call the gown I'm working on the cicada gown (it's green and will have cicada details in the embellishment), I wanted to get a real cicada to film for more B-roll. So off I went onto Etsy of course to see if I could purchase a mounted cicada, and I found one in a vintage frame, but he looked a little lonely in there, so I ordered two more cicada specimens to mount in there with the first! I should mention...I am afraid of bugs. I both like and yet am very afraid of cicadas. The symbolism surrounding them is super interesting, their life cycles can be fascinating, they are beautiful, and also super SUPER gross looking. 

Anyways, here is a dress I made back in spring from Halloween quilting cotton. I love the insect and butterfly print. I paired it with this fantastic multichrome eyeshadow called see-weed from JDGlow cosmetics. This shade looks almost identical to jewel beetle wing casings, and I adore it. I also have their shade prismatic in my inner corner here and some other shades on, but the multichrome is the star of course. 

I hope you are all well this week. Honestly my insomnia is getting a bit ridiculous at this point, and I have to go to the doctor tomorrow (I haven't been in 10 years...I'm due for...many things including shots!) so I'm mostly just ignoring all that and trying to focus on nicer things. 

Regardless, I'll see you all again soon!



Outfit Details:

Dress: Made by me

Petticoat: Malco Modes

Shoes: Remix Vintage Shoes

Belt, Handbag, Brooch, Earrings, & Gloves: Vintage

Bracelet: Made my me





4 comments:

  1. Great dress, looks super with the beetle wing eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing! And yes, I agree with Kate-Em, the eyeshadow is amazing and ever so beetle like!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I see you made your dress. Please share what pattern you used. I think I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...