August 25, 2019

Tropical Grasslands










I always put off working with rayon challis, but it's not that slippy, I don't know why I am so hesitant! This tropical print rayon was one of the challis languishing in my stash. I was originally so exited to use it when I first bought some (at Joanns! They still have it) and then put off turning into a dress for ages. But boy am I glad to have this 1940's inspired dress out of this lovely print now! So lightweight and perfect for summer, someone take me on a vacation!

This dress was part of my summer sewing series over on my YouTube channel where I am documenting the pattern drafting and sewing of a few projects on the channel as a way to force myself to finally get some sewing done this year, as I had been so bad at getting any done this past winter and spring. I am happy to say while I am perhaps a week behind schedule, I have completed all of the projects I set myself for the season! So if you would like to see how I made this dress from start to finish, check out the very long video below. Perhaps grab a snack first...

I was really quite happy with how many of the photos came out for this outfit too, so I hope you all don't mind the spam of them :)












Details:
Dress: Made by me
Shoes: BAIT Footwear
Belt: Target
Clutch: Vintage (Etsy)
Hat & Earrings: Etsy (Hat here)


3 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful and i love your sewing videos...they can´t be long enough for me :-D

    Love,
    Sandra Schütz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting in these photos is so lovely! You look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...