June 30, 2019

An Ode to Cotton Twill

















Well what is this? An outfit post? From me? I know, strange. I have been so quiet here this year, turns out I just can't do it all, though I would most certainly like to.

You're not missing much honestly, I'm stuck in my yearly birthday season blues as my 28th birthday looms on the 10th just ahead. No where near my goals as usual, it's hard to stay positive.

This was the outfit I wore on father's day a few weekends back while visiting the Denver Botanic Gardens with my family. It was a very nice day, I even got a bit sunburned despite my large hat, my bad eek. At least it will be an interesting tan line on my back if it decided to say.

I made this ivory twill dress for my recent adventure style look book video, and while I do love the result, I can see that the length of the bodice needs to be taken up about a half an inch and I would change the neckline at the shoulder just a bit for the next version too. Overall it will be a fun new safari ready addition to my summer closet nonetheless. I did a lot of top stitching and extra fiddly work on this one so I am proud of that!

Dress: Made by me
Hat, jewelry, belt, & Clutch: Vintage
Shes: Bait Footwear
Sunglasses: Sunglasses Museum (on Etsy)


5 comments:

  1. I saw that in progress on your IG, and I love the neckline. It looks really lovely.

    28?! So young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result for this dress. So attractive, both on you, and in itself. Happy Birthday, coming up. I appreciate your blogs and you-tubes. Thanks for the inspiration you provide. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this dress!

    And Happy (early) Birthday!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress. Lovely work.


    And, I used to get really depressed on my birthday too for the same reasons.I didn't feel I had accomplished what I had in terms of expectations of myself...


    Let me offer some unsolicited advice from someone now older...
    Honor where you are now and know that this is the place you need to be now to learn whatever it is your soul is here to learn. Don't rush it. The Universe has a wisdom and everything happens at it's right time. Trying to force things will only cause frustration and depression. Appreciate who you are. I've watched your videos on Youtube and you are multi-talented. That is a pretty great thing to be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...