October 4, 2018

Silver Plume














Sometimes simple is best, though I had the most lovely scarf I meant to wear with this ensemble that I totally forgot about, oops! I just love this dress, it's the puffy long sleeves, something about them just feels both princessy and also very 1930's.

Though I am dressed a bit for the Orient Express here, I am actually at the Georgetown Loop Railroad in the Rocky Mountains. Who doesn't like a nice old steam train? It takes 5 minutes to get from the Georgetown station to the second platform in Silver Plume on the interstate in 2018, but the train ride between the two takes about an hour. The tracks were first laid here in the 1870 and 1880's, but train service from Denver to Silver Plume ended in 1938 and the loop did not see trains again until 1975 when the area was reconstructed as a historical site including tours of the long closed mines. I have actually gone on the mine tour as well, though not since I was thirteen so I sadly don't remember much of it other than that I thought it was cool. I quite like historic mine tours, or cave tours, something about being inside a mountain like that feels both like being in another world and also a bit dangerous. I suppose it gets my adrenaline going a bit since it is a bit scary no? Ton of rock, complete darkness if you turn out the lamp, it's just spooky!

Further proof that I live in the real version of Disneyland's Frontierland. It also reminds me of Westworld now though since I binged that series earlier in the year. The novelty never seems to quite wear off for this California girl. Bringing a little old Hollywood glam to the frontier land, or at least I'm doing my best ;)

Dress: Made by me
Clutch: gift (vintage)
Shoes: Remix Vintage Shoes
Earrings: H&M



8 comments:

  1. Arg that is so perfect. I've been hankering after a plain black dress - black everything, TBH - and your photos have just made it ten times worse. When it's kept simple and all the accessories are perfect there's nothing to rival a black dress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black dresses are the best, I could have a wardrobe of black dresses and black suiting and be a happy gal :)

      Delete
  2. I love the seaming on the bodice and that clutch is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mim, this is perfection! I love the shot of you smiling, it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! I've been trying to smile more in photos, which is helping me get used to my smile and like it more, for whatever reason I have never liked what smiling does to my face which is just silly of course!

      Delete
  4. That clutch is absolute vintage perfection! Pairing it with a simple black dress was the right choice, as it allows it to shine! And I totally get you about forgetting to wear the scarf- I do that all the time and then when I'm out I remember I was going to add one last piece, but it's too late by then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! The scarf was so perfect with this dress too :( One day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...