September 24, 2018

Marble Mocambo













So I was writing a scene recently where I wanted to call back to a very noir drenched, old hollywood, 1940's nostalgic vibe. In this effort I was researching nightclubs in 1940's Los Angeles, and came across the Mocambo nightclub, a themed nightclub visited by the stars on Sunset Boulevard from 1941-1958. Check out some photos here, but in general-- I think this more evening yet still vaguely tropical outfit would have fit in pretty well overall. Though I'm not one for nightclubs much usually ;)

Of course really I just wanted to get a bit dressed up in order to wear my new Zella satin shoes from Royal Vintage!  I have been after a pair of 1940's evening shoes for a while now, never quite finding a pair to my liking, and these satin beauties fit the bill perfectly! They are of course quite comfortable, though I haven't tried (and indeed, never will try) dancing the night away in them (as I categorically do not dance you see), but they are just as comfortable as my other wonderful pairs of Royal Vintage shoes. The only minor issue I seem to have is that the two straps over the top of the foot really do not want to stay separated, sliding together almost instantly, but that could very well be due to the way I have them buckled being not ideal, and/or my feet just being a certain shape that causes the straps to do this. Either way the shoes are very beautiful, and I am so pleased to have them in my closet now!

I paired my new Zella's with a rayon taffeta dress I made last year and some long ruched white gloves. The flower hair clip is from Alternate Normality, and honestly I would love this same clip in every color because it is somehow just perfectly balanced. Not that it is flower season here anymore, I've already switched to wool berets in just the few days since!

As for other recent happenings, I'm afraid I don't have too much to share, as I spent much of the weekend writing (ahem, as usual). I did visit the mountains as well to get some photos with the golden aspens, but the trees had already shed their leaves on one side of the pass and hadn't yet turned on the other, so apparently my timing was terrible this year! I've of course got a million things to do this week, but when isn't that the case? Hopefully you will be seeing me again soon, but until then I wish you all both motivation and restful sleep, as I have plenty of the first at present but have been struggling fiercely with the later <3

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Zella from Royal Vintage Shoes
Hosiery: What Katie Did
Handbag, Necklace (gifted), Belt, & Gloves: Vintage
Hair Flower: Alternate Normality

4 comments:

  1. Such an adorable dress - and the perfect way to show off the lovely shoes! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the cut of this dress! The neckline is one of my absolute favorites! I am also so in love with the setting!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...