August 16, 2018

Adventure Awaits





















Sometimes an ensemble and a backdrop are just meant to be together. Where am I exactly here? Perhaps just around the corner from the treasury at Petra? In an outcropping overlooking the sphinx? Nope, it's Garden of the Gods park in Colorado Springs.

Truly a remarkable place all its own! See some more photos of this gorgeous natural phenom in a very old blog post from me here.


I wore my natural colored linen bolero suit for a wander around the park. This time I paired it with a ivory rayon blouse I picked up a few years ago thrifting, my favorite ivory straw hat, and the ever gorgeous Evelyn heeled oxford shoes from Royal Vintage Shoes! These shoes are just the most perfect adventure ready vintage style heels a gal could ask for. I couldn't have dreamed up a shoe more suited to safari/adventure/explorer style ensembles!

I recently picked up a few vintage printed tin Japanese made brooch pins in the shape of cicadas and green beetles and pinned one onto my collar here for some extra "biologist abroad" vibes. Real cicada are terrifying and yet fascinating to me in equal measure. I've never seen one live (I think I would die of fright), but I also sorta like the loud sound they make in the summer breeze and they are indeed very interesting creatures-- even if my fear of insects also has me recoiling from even just photos of them! In jewelry form however? No problem, jeweled faux insects are the only kind I can tolerate after all.

I am craving a bigger adventure real bad these days, but sadly neither my bank account nor my older car are up for either flights or road tripping. So local adventures are the only kind I can get up to, other than the journeys available in a great book or a very good film of course. What is your favorite adventure film?

Suit: Made by me
Blouse, Hat, Clutch, & Jewelry: Vintage
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes

10 comments:

  1. I would have said the first Indiana Jones is my favorite adventure movie since my background is in archeology, but Indy is the worst archaeologist. I do have an eternal soft spot for The Mummy.

    Speaking of which, I imagine Evie would have loved to wear that linen suit (at least in the sequels), it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chae! I love the style in the Mummy, and Indiana Jones too!

      Delete
  2. What a perfect setting for a perfect out fit, Bianca. You certainly look ready for adventure. When I saw the close up of your label I thought you were going to announce your own brand! I enjoy Agatha Christie's Poirot episodes set in the middle set more than a particular movie. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol Ann! I wish I could have a clothing brand, that would be awesome! One day hopefully ;) I like the desert episodes of Poiret too.

      Delete
  3. Does 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' count as an adventure film? It's definitely a fabulously flamboyant road movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it so I shall take your word for it ;)

      Delete
  4. Okay, I MUST visit this place went I am in Colorado next. It looks amazing, and the perfect setting for your outfit, which I also ADORE!!! And your labels are too fabulous!

    As for adventure film, I'm a cliche, I love Indiana Jones! And of course the terrible but great 1999 version of The Mummy.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! You must indeed visit, it is a breathtaking place for sure! The Mummy is so terribly great really, I bought it on DVD a while back because sometimes you just need a film like that, and the styling is so nice!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...