July 16, 2018

Olivine Sateen










I remember learning about olivine in geology class at university, in Hawaii they even have beaches scattered with the mineral olivine that look green with algae but are actually colored by tiny green stones. Mood fabrics actually called the color of this cotton sateen fern, but it seems pretty olive green to me!

I'm finding the phenomenon where time and energy occur both at once as rare as an olive green beach these past few weeks. I can't even segue anymore...clearly. Various things, my day job, some birthday induced shenanigans (including trying absinthe finally? Tasty, also green, perhaps a hazardous choice) have completely destroyed my schedule and zapped my energy over the last several days. All I want to do is write-- again, which is just not useful. I haven't found the time to write though either, and between that quite urgent desire being pushed to the sidelines, and being currently way behind on YouTube and the blog, I honestly feel like a disorganized mess right now! I've got to get things back in alignment and start checking a few things off my to do list ASAP. It doesn't help that it's super hot out these days which makes me feel even more lethargic for some reason!!

But hey, hello there, umm....here are a few photos of an outfit I wore recently and my new olive green skirt I made earlier in the year. Hopefully you will be hearing from me again soon, but only if I can wake up out of this summer haze and get my act together. Here's hoping my dears...

Skirt: Made by me
Top: Forever 21 (in like...2007)
Shoes: Modcloth
Petticoat: Malco Modes
Clutch, Hat, & Bracelets: Vintage
Earrings: National Gallery Museum Gift Shop


2 comments:

  1. Ha, no hangover like an absinthe hangover! I hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well luckily or not luckily, I don't think "real" absinthe is legal in the US to sell at bars still, so I may have escaped the real deal sort of hangover ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...