May 31, 2018

Chintz Chemise













It's the Ikea dress again! I mean, when you make a dress out of a duvet cover, you're never going to forget it was once a duvet cover are you? This time I wore it without a petticoat for a more relaxed look, but I kept the 18th century inspiration alive with a tilted straw hat and tiny freshwater pearl necklace. The Bait footwear heels are "new" in that this is the first time I have worn them, but I actually bought them in their annual Black Friday sale back in November. I already had the same style in red and loved them so I knew having the tan/brown shade would be perfect for summer. If only these came in dark navy blue too, I'd snap them up in a heartbeat!

I'd love to say I got a bunch of sewing done over this past week, but instead I spent a lot of time binge watching the rest of Westworld. Then I spent all of Tuesday editing my book but only got half way through the draft in that day, but it is rather long after all. I have read the manuscript so many times and yet I still catch copy edits, which I find so irksome because I know that means there are more hiding in plain sight that I can't see until I go through on the next pass! I have managed to cut a few thousand words out, but mostly that was down to cutting out one early chapter entirely. I may not have learned to truly kill all my darlings (as the editing adage goes), but I have trimmed a few at least. I have so many ideas for more writing to be done, but if I give in I know I'll lose myself in it again and I have other things to finish! Not enough time in a day (or week, or year) for all the things you know.

I hope you are all well. Can you believe it's June?

Dress & Necklace: Made by me
Shoes: Bait Footwear
Bag, Bracelet, Earrings, & Hat: Vintage
Belt: Target

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! Stop saying it's a duvet cover - it's an 18th century print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO in love with this outfit! It is the perfect example of a look I have been wanting to do, 18th century meets 1950s. This hat is absolutely spot on for the vibe!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...