January 19, 2018

Simple Spirals









Purple and Black always make a fine pair, and I was rather in a rut this past week on how else to style things around my purple locks. The same day these photos were taken I went to the beauty supply shop on my way home and bought supplies to switch up my hair color a bit by adding in some darker roots and a sheer silver glaze through the ends to tone things down. I really like how the updated color came out so you will be seeing it soon. I didn't want to get rid of all the purple, I mean, I do like purple you know!

As I'm typing this it is past my bedtime and I really need to go to sleep, so I'm afraid I'll be keeping it rather brief tonight. It finally snowed a bit as you can see, but more importantly we discovered these beautiful staircases on the side of the building we were shooting around and they seemed almost magical like something out of a fairy tale. More from me soon, but for now I'm off to dreamland...happy Friday everyone!

Skirt & Bolero: Made by me
Top: Banana Republic Factory
Gloves, Handbag, Belt, & Brooch: Vintage
Fishnets: Amazon
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes



13 comments:

  1. I am in awe of how tiny your waist looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim! It's a lot of illusion thanks to the help of a boned long line bra for smoothing and a big skirt ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about purple and black together. Your hair looks fabulous in these photos. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the touches you've added to your hair. Purple and black are the best! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks really great! I love the style and the subtle change in the colour is really flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is looking goood! As is the rest of you, always so well put-together. That's a fabulous brooch, you have a good eye x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit. The brooch is a stunner. What is the building? It looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate-Em! The building is actually an old administration building of a nearby university, built in the 1870's!

      Delete
  7. That bolero is stunning! Wonderful job on it!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...