February 9, 2017

Traveling Suit








Alright so this old train isn't going to be traveling anytime soon, but it sure is the perfect backdrop for an outfit wearing a train travel themed scarf!

I know I just wore this blue suit jacket here on the blog recently (with it's matching skirt that first time), but I thought I'd show just how versatile suiting can be since the pieces can be worn separately to create several ensembles. This time I paired the jacket with a grey pleated skirt to pick up on the grey details on the collar and pocket. Then I chose brown accessories as I was wanting to wear my Royal Vintage brown and white Peggy pumps and my train themed vintage scarf. I think this blue suit will actually end up being more versatile than I had originally thought, as I can see myself pairing it with even more colors in the future, like red or black. Sometimes a brighter color can become just as easy as a neutral to accessorize as long as everything is balanced! If only I had either a grey or brown hat to wear too, but the wishlist goes ever on of course.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting motivated to work on a different list today, my to do list!. I think I've lost my sewing motivation as well, I can't believe I have only finished one garment so far this year! I must to figure out what needs to change as I have so much lovely fabric and project ideas waiting to be created. Sometimes I wish I could wave a wand over my fabric stash and magically all of the finished garments would appear, anybody else feel that way?

Suit Jacket: Vintage (Etsy)
Skirt: Vintage (80s, I stole it from my Mom's closet ages ago)
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Handbag, Gloves, Scarf, and Jewelry: Vintage


16 comments:

  1. Oh, I do agree with you that it would be wonderful to have a magic wand to wave over the fabric and pattern stash! Too many ideas, too many fabric possibilities and only two hands to make it all happen - never mind the lack of time. I do, however, remind myself, that if all I did was work on sewing projects, I would be doing nothing else and going nowhere, and that would mean that my creations would never be seen outside the closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do suppose that's true, that's why we need the magic ha!

      Delete
  2. hello Bianca...what a gorgeous photoset!...what a Marvellous look!...You're such a stunning Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post - the photos are lovely and so interesting. It seems unusual to see you in lighter sales but this mix of colours works fabulously on you. But then maybe it's because I love every outfit with those shoes!! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am always trying to make new outfits so I can wear these shoes, they are so perfect <3

      Delete
  4. Your outfit is fabulous and you look wonderful and all, but I am just so freaking jealous that you got to shoot on a train! You lucky *(&(**^%. ;)
    But seriously, this is fabulously ladylike and pretty - you look like a girl leaving her small town behind to go to the big city in a 50s movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I'm glad you are as excited about the train as I was! This antique caboose is parked next to a small old station that is now a mini-art gallery for local artists, super cool and they have no problem with photos which is always the best! I hate it when places are mean about taking photos so it's always a relief to find places that are chill about it :)

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely suit. The train makes a brilliant backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely separates! The colours here are perfect and the train is a great background too. And, yes- I wish I had a sewing magic wand too!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! I wish there were more hours in the day for all the sewing :)

      Delete
  7. I still can't get over how stunning that jacket is! The color is just glorious! Love that you're rocking the nude fishnets! They are my go-to for darn near everything!

    I also adore the setting!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I do love me some nude fishnets, these ones have black backseams too (though the seam is a bit wider, like a stripe, which is less than ideal).

      Delete
  8. Super backdrop! What a great place for photos. I do like the jacket and skirt together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate-Em! I know I'll be going back there again for sure!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...