December 26, 2016

A Most Festive Boxing Day








I can't lie to you all, it's hard getting back into the swing of things after work consumed so much of my life in December. Christmas is our busiest season in many ways, summer being the other high stress time, but since Christmas has its definitive must-ship-by-date, the whole month is very hectic. The stress brought unwelcome breakouts (thank goodness for good concealer), and the long hours took away nearly all of my blogging and creative time. Now at the end I just feel a bit spent. I hope I can bounce back during this next week while I have time off. It feels a bit like I have to find myself again after operating more like a machine than a person for the past few weeks. I am so lucky to have the job I do, where I get to sew and be around amazing people, but goodness do I need a break!

So today we have an outfit I would have liked to have worn last weekend, but didn't get the chance to. I don't know if it is bad form to wear such festive brooches on boxing day instead of on Christmas, but I hadn't gotten to wear them so here they are! The sweater is the most amazing jumper that I commissioned from the highly skilled Kate-Em earlier this year. I wish I could knit like this! So gorgeous <3 The skirt is a recent Etsy purchase and I am so pleased that it fits perfectly. I don't have many pleated skirts in my wardrobe, and you all know how I love plaid. I actually wore this rather holiday appropriate outfit into the fray at the local shopping mall today and managed to survive the stampedes. I even picked up a super trendy "silk" bomber/souvenir jacket that are all the rage these days. After all, despite their current trendy-ness, they are a late 1940s style item at their heart. I'm not sure how to style it yet, so if you know of any great images of early 50's gals borrowing their former GI boyfriend's souvenir jacket please send them my way.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and get at least a little time to relax over the last week of the year. I have so much to catch up on and plan on making to-do lists all evening! Hopefully jumping back into some projects, starting some new ones, and returning to blogging will shake away my funk and bring me back to my pre-Christmas productive self!

Sweater: Kate-Em Vintage on Etsy
Skirt: Vintage (via Etsy)
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Nylons: What Katie Did
Handbag & Jewelry: Vintage

4 comments:

  1. I reckon Christmas stuff is fine right up until New Year. And brooches like that are so good, why limit their wearings? You look ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are recovering from your hectic pre-Christmas workload. Wishing you some relaxation time. Lovely to see the jumper, it looks good paired with that fabulous skirt. That was a great find. I had my gingerbread man brooch on today so I'm with Mim on the up to New Year idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate-Em! I have over relaxed, and gotten virtually none of the sewing I had planned done ha! Oh well ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...