August 25, 2016

Strawberries, Sunflowers, & Straw Boater Hats









You know, until recently I didn't have many circle skirts, and my collection is still on the smaller side for a mid-century lover. This skirt I have on here however is my first vintage circle skirt! It was described as 80's does 50's, and judging by the more modern-ish zipper that is most likely the case, but I think it plays the part of a true mid-century skirt quite well! How was I supposed to resist the lovely colors and profusion of berries in the print?! I couldn't ;)

I paired the new-to-me skirt with a crisp white blouse with red stitching that I made last year as a bit of a Peggy Carter inspired make (she has a few with similar stitching on the show). Since I was wearing red I pulled out my Luxulite cherries brooch again, I love Luxulite! I really can't wait to snatch up some of their fall offerings this year <3 

It has actually already begun to cool down here in Colorado this week, I wore tights and a scarf yesterday! A little rain, a cool breeze...ahhhh I can smell the pumpkin spice already :)

Skirt, Hangbag, Belt, Hat, & Earrings: Vintage
Shoes: Bait (Modcloth)
Brooch: Luxulite
Blouse: Made by me

9 comments:

  1. Love - oh, so very love, every single element of this fabulous ensemble. I agree that this skirt is a dead ringer for a true fifties garment. It never ceases to knock my socks off just how spot on some eighties does fifties pieces were.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red stitching on the blouse and must have missed your original post about it, it's gorgeous! Happy early fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt has a lovely print. I like how you have pulled out the red and mustard in your accessories. I'm looking forward to seeing Luxulites Halloween offerings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! So am I, even more so her acorn/fall themed series as I really want to snatch up some of those!

      Delete
    2. I got one of her giant acorn brooches last autumn and wore it so much!!

      Delete
  4. Strawberries, florals and sunhats! My favorite things all together, and I love how summery this gorgeous ensemble is! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...