April 28, 2016

Camp Kidd









During World War II, The Navy moved into San Diego's Balboa Park and named the training station camp Kidd in honor of Rear Admiral Issac C. Kidd who was killed on the bridge of the USS Arizona when it was sunk at Pearl Harbor. I know very little of Balboa Park's war time history, but I'd love to look into it further someday. What a place for training camp though right? I'll have to visit the San Diego Museum at the park next time I'm in town to find out more.

On this visit to the park I wore my favorite tropical print summer dress (even though it was March!) with fun ivory accessories. I bought the earrings to match my celluloid necklaces and they are carved into the shape of an orchid flower. I really love these Bait brand shoes, they are comfortable and match everything!

I have just one more look from my trip to California left in my file folders waiting to be shared so I better get moving soon on my *cough* spring *cough* sewing before summer arrives!

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Bait Footwear (Modcloth)
Jewelry & Belt: Vintage

6 comments:

  1. The print is placed so beautifully on this dress! Just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchantingly beautiful outfit! I've always felt a deep affinity for orchids (real or otherwise), so am more than a little in love with your earrings.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I too love orchids, so beautiful and other-worldly!

      Delete
  3. Looks like an interesting place! Beautiful print on your dress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...