November 30, 2015

Frost Bites






Well now that the chilly temperatures have descended it is certainly much more difficult (or just a bit less enjoyable) to be out in the elements taking outfit photos! #justbloggerthings...but in all seriousness, it was under 20 degrees when we were out today taking these photos! Resulting in less photos for me to chose from than usual, so forgive me for a bit of awkward face (why am I looking down in all of these!).

This skirt remains one of my favorites, I mean teal peacock feathers on a black background? Perfection. I paired it with my new cozy wool sweater from Banana Republic (my last purchase while I was still working for the company). I'll admit this sweater is a tiny bit itchy, but is also a really nice weight and has a neckline high enough to wear brooches so it's a winner in my book. I'm also wearing my favorite winter worthy backseams, these ones from Hanes, which I get from amazon. They are pretty hardy for sheer tights, which I always appreciate.

After a busy holiday weekend, I am excited to take it a bit easier this next week, and to hopefully get some sewing done later in the week. I have been moving rather slowly as of late with my Outlander project embroidery and I really want to finish it this week! Plus I have a velvet holiday dress half sewn up waiting for its zipper to be put in. Nothing will make a seamstress procrastinate more than the prospect of hand sewing a zipper into plush velvet (yikes!). I also may have gone a tiny bit overboard with my blackfriday-weekend shopping, I can't resist a nice vintage hat! (yikes again!) I may have to start a new organization system for my hats now, when I do I will of course give you all the details. Oh, and happy Monday :)

Sweater: Banana Republic
Skirt: Made by me
Tights: Hanes (Amazon)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Jewelry: Vintage

12 comments:

  1. The pattern of that skirt is to die for! You look like a very chic ice princess out there, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt, but I especially love it with black, with the blue again of the brooch! Beautiful! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am a big fan of black clothes, I have a loyal section of them :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love a bit of glitz to my fabric once we're in winter x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit. The colours here are so reminiscent of the chilly season we've been thrust into headfirst yet again. I adore that brooch and how radiantly it pops against a solid black background.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! The brooch was a bargain from my favorite antique mall years and years ago. It's Weiss I believe, I didn't wear it much when I first got it but it has grown on me over the years!

      Delete
  5. The colours in the brooch glow beautifully and go so well with that very lovely skirt. Nice and wintery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair in this shoot ~ plus, the colors of your brooch and skirt are just so perfect together. A stunning look that suits you so perfectly Bianca! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonita! I really should wear this skirt more often :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...