June 4, 2015

Garden Party Sundress









Well, it turned out I did have enough fabric to make a a-line skirt on this dress! I had just two yards of this bright and cheery floral print cotton, but I managed to use every last inch to eek out this dress. I had originally planned to make a blouse out of this print, but when the fabric arrived it was a bit thicker/rougher than I expected. I am really glad I decided on a dress, as it was really fun to wear today!

I can't wait to wear this dress with different colored accessories, though today I paired it with simple black and white. I think it will look great paired with my white heels, or my red suede pumps, or even my new green shoes on the way to me from Modcloth! I am not usually one to wear gloves, but they just seemed to "go" with this dress! I didn't wear them to work this morning, but felt really elegant walking around the gardens in my white eyelet gloves. If only they had afternoon tea set up, sadly that wasn't the case.

The sun was playing coy while we were taking photos, so I apologize for the inconsistent lighting!

Dress: Made by me
Belt: Vintage
Necklace: Gift, vintage
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Gloves: Amazon (here)
Earrings: Made by me
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters

4 comments:

  1. I am madly, completely, head-over-heels in love with this dress. I swear, if you had enough fabric left (I know that you don't), I would be very tempted to ask you, (only) if you were interested, of course, to make me one as a commissioned project. It's not only gorgeous, but cheerful, too, and that is a combo that seals the deal for me with fashion time and time again.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jessica! It is rather a cheerful dress which was quite fun to wear! I would automatically send you the link to snatch some of this fabric for yourself (though I know you yourself are not a sewer), however that seller has disappeared from Etsy! I am so disappointed because I was hoping to buy more fabric from them in the future. :(

      Delete
  2. What a fabulously cheerful dress! That print just makes me smile, such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...