February 17, 2015

Beatnik in the Snow







When I finished this dress last week, I knew just how I wanted to wear it! With a turtleneck underneath it becomes perfect for winter and I think gives off a beatnik sorta vibe. Going with the theme, I had to wear a vintage beret to complete the look!  It finally snowed again, winter has returned to drive away our nice sunny spring weather. I don't mind trekking through the snow in heels though, I am used to it by now! 

We ventured to a new park today to take photos and it turned out to be a really cool little spot. There is a modest little old Victorian home on the property and this brick shed seemed really old as well. There was a pond with a little dock and picnic area that I want to explore next time when there is less snow to traverse!


Dress: Made by me
Top: Target
Tights: Hanes (Amazon)
Shoes: Target
Sunglasses: Forever21
Jewelry: Vintage
Hat: Vintage

6 comments:

  1. Great photos, all the colours are a gorgeous backdrop for your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post title and outfit! The beat look is simply smashing on you! I try to pull it off at least once a year and it inevitably seems costume-y on me - much to my dismay. I'll keep at 'er though and hopefully hit on a winning ensemble someday.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I usually steer closer to the Dita-Von-Glam sphere of retro fashion but sometimes you just have to throw on some black and a beret!

      Delete
  3. This dress is fabulous! Quite something to be proud of! And what a nice setting you found too!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Janey! I can't wait to go back to this park again when the snow has melted!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...