December 15, 2014

Paisley Brocade Pencil Skirt


 I am excited to report that my hair has finally grown out enough that I can wear it down without it looking weird! Not that I spent much time on it in these quick photos :P

I finished sewing this brocade pencil skirt last week and wasn't so sure about it at first when I finally tried it on. I have grown to like it more after wearing it again to work this weekend. The fabric is really pretty up close but I feared that overall the color was reading too light to be on my lower half! I fear light colors! Being a loyal devotee of black, I was hoping the black background of this brocade would contribute more to it's overall color but it is still pretty how it is. It looks like a steely sort of sage green from far away. I think it will look better with a lighter colored top/sweater/blouse so I am on the lookout for a nice grey or sage green top now!


I had thrown this outfit on to do a bit of Christmas shopping with my mom. We found a few things for my brother and I somehow ended up acquiring three new scarves while we were out! They were on sale and I am a scarf addict, seriously I have a billion. Anyway, I hope you guys are having a nice Monday so far, I am working on a new Renaissance inspired dress so I will show you my progress on that tomorrow!

Top: H&M
Skirt: Made by me
Tights: Target
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings: Made by me
Pin: Etsy



2 comments:

  1. This print (in these photos at least) doesn't strike me as overly light. More medium veering into dark territory. It's lively (and very lovely!) pattern help give it a sense of weight (as in colour weight, I mean), too, so again, it's more on the darker side of things to me and either way, it looks sensational on you. A great pencil skirt like this really has to be one of the most becoming and beautiful garments most women (especially those of us with fabulous curves) can wear.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'm glad you think the skirt has weight :) I still think I need some more tops to wear with this skirt, or maybe that is just my excuse to do some more shopping!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...