February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day from the National Gallery of Art


On my last full day in Washington DC I visited the National Gallery of Art, and what a beautiful museum! I just loved the whole experience, a winning combination of great architecture and exhibits. Seeing Gainsborough, Fragonard and Bouche was like visiting old friends from my time in Europe. I miss the days when I was living in London and got to visit the Wallace Collection and the UK National Gallery of Art any time I wanted. I would prefer to live in such cities where amazing, and free to visit, institutions exist but sadly I am stuck in Denver, which has a lovely art museum but it isn't free!

Anyways, I loved visiting the National Gallery of art and I hope you enjoy this little mini photo tour!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...