December 17, 2013

Holidress Plans


Though busy with holiday festivities and work I have thought more about throwing together a velvety holiday dress (holidress? yes? no...?) I think I want to make a simple tabard inspired 20's dress. I am hoping to eek this design out of a rather small piece of navy and green iridescent velvet I have. I just have to figure out what I am going to use to bind the edges, because lets face it hemming velvet is terrifyingly awful work. I will one day master the skill of hemming velvet flawlessly but that day has not yet arrived! I may try and pick up some silk at Denver Fabrics after work this week in either navy or a dark jade green, whichever they have available. See a sneak peek of the iridescent velvet fabric below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...