September 17, 2013

Fashion Week Favorites : New York SS2014

Anna Sui
Anna Sui
I love fashion, I know many costumers don't care much for modern fashion but I have spent the last four years studying to become a fashion designer. I always prefer fall fashion week (which takes place in the spring) over spring/summer fashion week which occurs in the fall. Perhaps I just like fall clothes better overall, coats, layers, sweaters and boots whats not to like? Summer fashion just interests me less, I feel like it is harder to design clothes for the heat! I still found a few favorites from last weeks New York fashion week. Above are examples from Anna Sui's recent show where I really liked the art nouveau inspired prints even if the shapes were a little bohemian for my taste. Below are some more of my favorites from New York.
Donna Karen, I really like the shape and print of this dress, super sexy without being sleezy
Marchesta, a beautiful collection as usual with gorgeous embellishment
Marchesta, I loved this fringy dress too, slightly 20's/30's
Nicole Miller, a very cool outfit that is fashion forward but still very wearable
Rodebjer, I loved this collections use of iridescence 
Rodebjer
Oscar de la Renta, my favorite look was this almost 50's suit that I would love to wear anytime of year!
Oscar de la Renta, this look was really pretty too but I don't think this color would work on me, but gorgeous embroidery!
I'll post my favorites from London next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...