August 1, 2013

Flower Child Revisited





A few weeks ago I posted about the current trend for floral headbands and how I thought it really was a throw back to the floral hats of the 1940's through 1960's. I ordered a vintage floral hat from a great seller on etsy and simply fell in love with it when it arrived! Its a black velvet cage with dozens of different little millinery flowers sewn all over it! I think it could be worn with so many colors and outfits and I am really glad I added it to my collection and for under 20 bucks!

vintage floral hat!



That same week, while I awaited my new-to-me vintage hat I decided to see what I could come up with on my own with some scraps in my studio. I ended up creating a small hat/headband sorta thing in millinery wire, velvet ribbon and silk flowers. See this creation below :)




I also threw together a quick little floral headband more like the ones which are trendy right now that you can find in stores. These little headbands can look very vintage appropriate when paired with set hair and lipstick! I made this one by twisting the wired stems of some paper roses around a plain wire headband, super easy!




Sorry about the millions of pictures of my face, I actually am not very fond of having my picture taken in reality! I tried to style these a bit like old Hollywood glamour shots to best show off the hats/headbands. I also couldn't resist throwing on one of my older hats I made years ago for a few snaps.



I'll explain how I made the little floral hat/band soon! sorry again for the picture overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...