September 9, 2021

The Carmine Gown

 













Not exactly sure why these photographs came out so blurry...but let's just say it was an "antique" look I was, uh, going for on purpose. This is the quilting cotton bustle gown I made recently and I am very happy with how it came together. I'd love to wear it to hand out candy on Halloween, because let's face it, my end goal is to be the creepy lady that owns the big haunted house at the end of the road. Dress for the job you want.

Things are a bit rough behind the scenes at present, with my little kitty ill on top of my packed schedule before I leave on this long planned trip. Ever since I learned I would be vaccinated this year, I had been planning a grand adventure to look forward to, but that was all before I knew Cleo was going to get so sick and that I very well may be missing her last few weeks. Hotels are all booked, and one of my best friends is meeting me in Palm Springs which means her flights are all booked, and really it would be both expensive and heartbreaking to cancel my trip. And it's also equally heartbreaking to leave my tiny Cleo behind. It's a lose lose, and nothing I do will heal her (her bladder is mostly tumor, she's 16, this type of cat cancer is rare and doesn't usually respond to treatment). I have never lost a pet like this before, and it hurts. I should be super excited for my trip, and I was, until my littlest friend started to fade away fast. My life goes on, but I've had Cleo sitting on my lap every night for over a decade, and as someone who's already a little lonely, this is going to flat out suck.

So it's nearly fall, the best of seasons, and I've got costumes on the cutting table and an adventure on the horizon, but I'm gloomy in the worst of ways as I say an, ultimately far too short, long goodbye.



6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Cleo. She's such a lovely little girl. We've lost cats in ways similar to this, and yeah, it sucks royal and hurts terribly. My deepest heartfelt sympathies.

    The dress is gorgeous, and you look wonderful in it. I'm really enjoying your "make" videos over on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your dress are beautiful. The news about little Cleo is heartbreaking. My little kittygirl woke me up every morning, purring. The best type of alarm. She had a tumor which was pressing on her tiny heart, but never let us know she was struggling. She has been gone at least 10 years and I miss her daily. I do not wish this pain on either you or on Cleo. I hope that it will work itself out and that you both will be at peace. Peace. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about Cleo. My 16yo cat had a major health scare (toxic flowers) over the summer right before I was scheduled to travel to see my parents for the first time since the pandemic started. I only made the final call about whether or not to go about 12 hours before my flight. It was so scary and a very hard decision, and my heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss...

    I agree with Laurie, beautiful dress and you do look wonderful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! No one mentioned "The Caboose Gallery". So cheeky. I love it!

    I understand about losing your little kitty girl. I had to let one of my little loves go about 12 years ago. She had been with us for 19 years. You'll never forget her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleo was the best. Wish they could talk and explain what is wrong.

    I'm always late, but I love that "Dress for the job you want". I want to be the oddly dressed person that could maybe real or not really there....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...