May 10, 2018

Give me Gingham









It's gingham season by now right? I do hope so. Also, I wish I could wear this hat every day I love it so much, and it was one of the first vintage hats I ever bought! I recently invested in some new floral hair combs too (they are on the way from UK pin up flower atelier Alternate Normality), because I feel an odd need to cover my hair in flowers just now apparently.

As much as I love the 1940's, sometimes a flouncy 1950's outfit is just what a gal needs to brighten up a duller day. I have been experiencing a persistent little layer of stress this year that just won't seem to leave the back of my mind. I know I say it all the time here, but as always it seems like time is speeding past me and I am making zero progress towards my goals. Usually I can manage to shake that feeling off, but since last fall I haven't been able to as often. When I'm writing the feeling goes away, but it also seems, this year at least, when I'm writing it consumes my whole life so much that I can't do anything else! Perhaps it's just high time for another Ghibli movie marathon. Watch a different Ghibli film each night for a week, a prescription if you will. Those films will fill your heart with light even if only for a few hours.

What is something, an activity, a certain place, something you change, a piece of media, that you return to again and again to refuel your hope reserves and reliably gives you a needed boost? Asking for a friend...

Blouse & Skirt: Made by me
Handbag, Belt, Hat, & Gloves: Vintage
Shoes: Royal Vintage Shoes
Fishnets: Amazon
Petticoat: Malco Modes

11 comments:

  1. I started gingham season early this year, it was such a long winter that I felt it might nudge Spring along a little. I really like the neckline of your top, very pretty.

    Long walks for me for stress, preferably with hills!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! Tempting the weather with gingham has got to be worth a try ;)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the stress you're battling with. When I need a bit of an escape I go for a Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot marathon. Yoga and mindfulness works too, as does knitting and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suna, I definitely need to watch more Poirot!

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in this ensemble.

    I'm sorry for your bout of stress you're experiences.

    Typically I go for a drive out to the desert to clear my head. I love to just sit out on a rock out there somewhere. At home, I listen to my favorite tunes and either dance, or take a nice relaxing bath with a more relaxing, chill playlist.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! I really (really!) want to go on a road trip but my family doesn't have a suitable road trip worthy car right now and it's driving me bonkers!

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful look on you. I especially like the yellow petticoat! I agree with those above - a little exercise and fresh air do wonders for stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should really try this fresh air thing people are mentioning, is that outside--in like, the nature? I am an indoor cat ;) I'll have to go on an adventure I suppose!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you've been stressed. It is awful.

    I find knitting helpful. That and being surrounded by greenery, even if it's just sitting in my garden. There's something calming about growing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mim! I am so glad things have turned green again here and need to get out and enjoy it more!

      Delete
  6. That is a lovely top, I like all the details. When I feel stressed I like to knit or get lost in a great book which I'd probably read in the bath. Hope you find a remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...