August 14, 2016

Sunday Spotlight: Remembering to Relax


Its strange finally working a full time job and trying to get so much done on the weekends. I really can't fit it all in, so I end up coming home from work and sewing too. Sewing, writing, blogging, it all takes time and I often forget to leave any extra to just relax and take a break. Of course the only one scheduling all these projects it myself! But perhaps taking time to relax is just as important a step to reaching ones goals. So today I think I'll cut myself some slack and try to chill for a bit, what a novel idea!

I hope all of you remember to take some time for yourself too, recharging (whether it's your physical energy or creative energy) is so important after all. Happy Sunday, I hope yours is a nice one <3



6 comments:

  1. I'm bad for that too - I have to remind myself that not *every* moment has to be productive in some way.

    I hope your weekend was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! It's like if I am not accomplishing tasks the time is wasted, and that is just not true!

      Delete
  2. Ha, this is me completely - I feel the need to be doing something all the time. Just relaxing is not something I do much of. I've got 3 weeks off work coming up, so hopefully I can learn!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness 3 weeks sounds wonderful! I'd like a week to just chill and knit and watch movies, I need summer break for adults!

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for the important reminder, sweet Bianca. Goodness knows that I often struggle (massively) to stop and smell the roses - let alone to take something as glorious as an entire day off. This is a point that I've been working on big in recent months though, in particular, and I have made some inroads on that front. Hopefully more will follow, as we all do need to take downtime and to (hopefully!) not feel guilty or anxious about it.

    Many hugs & serene wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good work making progress with something as important as this! As I have taken on a larger role at work during the week I find I actually need to give myself more time to relax, I can't be productive 100% of the time! Silly me ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...